Monday, March 21, 2011

Thoughts on Tasha Tudor and her Bibliography

I have been following the creative world of Tasha Tudor since I was in my teens. My interest grew because her pictures always featured little children in long ago clothing and doing activities I wanted to do. I also loved the "frames" she painted around the main subject which included tiny items depicting the elements of the story. Her watercolor paintings have influenced the way I see the world. The site below is a listing of her body of work (most written & illustrated by Mrs. Tudor or about her life.) My all time favorite is Corgiville Fair...you might check your library and see if they have any of her work. The stories are simple but memorable and she is destined to be America's Beatrix Potter.
http://biography.jrank.org/pages/1637/Tudor-Tasha-1915.html

Tasha Tudor died a few years ago, but part of her family has kept her work alive at a family website Tasha Tudor and Family Home Page, http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment