Thursday, March 10, 2011

Imagination Rooted in the Past

From an early age I have had a fascination with the past. Exploring anything  from long ago has taken up many hours...years and I never seem to get tried of searching for new information to fuel my day dreams.  Sharing this information and ideas is what I am going to do and I certainly invite you to join me.

I am currently knitting a 1830's design shawl from yarn I found at the Village Yarn Shop in Zionsville, Indiana (http://www.villageyarnshop.net) The pattern was inspired from a shawl worn by the author, illustrator, Tasha Tudor. I found the pattern by searching on line and found it at  http://www.woolywest.com/Pages-Notebook/notebook_shawl.html The pattern is easy to follow and the project would be good for a beginner.

I have also been working with wool creating cut wool animals or pom pom animals. Blogging is new to me so come back after I learn to take pictures and you will be able to see my menagerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment